Wired FM need volunteers to join our sub-committees
Are you currently a volunteer, would you like to have more say in the running of certain aspects of the station?
Wired FM is governed by a board of directors made up of staff and students of Mary Immaculate College, Limerick Institute of Technology and Limerick School of Art and Design, but an extension of that is our sub-committees.
In the interests of promoting greater student involvement in the management of the station and greater continuity from year to year, a number of sub-groups have been created to report to the Board on the following topics:
Sub-Committees of the Board:
The sub-Committees will meet with the manager every month during semester time.
- Programming (with music programming sub group)
- Station Marketing and Promotion (with special event planning sub group)
- Technical and Training
The programming sub-committee will work closely with the Station Manager and oversee:
- On-going review of content and station schedule
- Development of new programming
- Listener feedback, and identifying possible gaps in output
- The meeting of station’s obligations as regards programming output to the BAI.
- Taking on special projects as the opportunity or need arises e.g. Outreach projects, or those funded under the BAI Sound and Vision fund or other funding bodies
- Assist with compiling Playlists and working on the establishment of National Student Radio Chart
- Monitor the specialist music programming
The marketing and promotion sub- committee will oversee:
- The promotion of the station, website and events
- Devising ideas for innovative marketing strategies
- Station sponsorship and advertising.
- Party/Event Planning
- Help organize and run special events, fundraisers, social events, and annual awards.
The training sub- committee will be responsible for:
- Identifying volunteers’ training needs and interests
- Ongoing training ideas, team building sessions and other workshops.
- Delivery of more specialist or advanced training for volunteers
- Making themselves available for technical issues at the studios.
- Advise on recording live in studio/field recording
Sub-committee – membership and reporting procedures
- Studio Executives (Staff members on work placement) will administer one a member of one of the sub committees, and initiate meetings.
- Each sub-committee shall comprise at least one Board member
- Non-board members are also welcome to join. These will be recruited from student volunteers (and staff) in LIT and MIC. There will be a minimum of 2 students on each sub-group.
- Each sub-committee shall appoint a person to be responsible for reporting to the Board on a regular basis. That person need not necessarily be the Board member. They will also meet with the manager once every 4 weeks.
If your’e interested email Ray at email@example.com